Kings Bromley village news
- Council urges caution at bank holiday weekend
- Hedgehog Highways
- A38 Package of work scheme
- Weight Restriction Update
- Governments Coronavirus Recovery Strategy
- Fish Deaths in Bourne Brook. Environment Agency can find no cause.
- District Doodles Art Competition
- Images from the village VE Day Celebrations
- Latest HS2 Communication
- Bounce back loans announced
Add your news
If you have some news that would be of interest to others in Kings Bromley, send a short article to the Clerk to the Parish Council.
Older news items are retained on our archive page and you can use the following link to read them. View news archive
Lichfield Road junction with Alrewas Road
Council urges caution at bank holiday weekend
Published 22 May 2020
Published 20 May 2020
Ways to help these endangered animals. Click here
A38 Package of work scheme
Published 15 May 2020
Weight Restriction Update
Published 13 May 2020
From Staffs County Council.
- The design team are now progressing making the experimental TRO permanent before the experimental TRO finishes on 26th August 2020. At the start of the lockdown period, following guidance from the Department for Transport (DfT) and the actions of other local highway authorities, the Council temporarily suspended the formal TRO process because the Council couldn’t deliver a full and transparent consultation. These restrictions are now easing and the latest guidance suggests we can now continue to progress TROs.
- The design team will look to install signage on the SCC road network for advanced signage on the south bound approach to the A515/Moreton Lane/Coton Lane roundabout this financial year. We have requested that this is installed at a similar time to making the experimental TRO permanent.
- The design team will carry out design work on the A38 and A50 advanced signage and will discuss the proposals with Highways England. We did not get the £80,000 funding we requested this financial year (2020/21). There was a significant overcommitment to the Integrated Transport programme due to a number of factors, which included schemes being carried over from 2019/20. As such, the request for this money was not successful on this occasion when competing against other priorities. We will apply for the funding again for the 2021/22 financial year.
Governments Coronavirus Recovery Strategy
Published 12 May 2020
Fish Deaths in Bourne Brook. Environment Agency can find no cause.
Published 12 May 2020
Thank you for your call regarding the above incident. I can confirm that Environment Agency Officers attended site & field tests showed no evidence of pollution in the brook hence the source could not be substantiated. Unfortunately this is not the outcome we would have wished for with devastating consequences. EA
District Doodles Art Competition
Published 11 May 2020
Images from the village VE Day Celebrations
Published 9 May 2020
Latest HS2 Communication
Published 8 May 2020
Bounce back loans announced
Published 5 May 2020